back

History

  • 2016

    Polpharma Group has acquired the Dutch biotechnological company Bioceros

  • 2015

    Polpharma celebrates its 80th anniversary. To mark this occasion, it organizes the Polrun relay race.

  • 2014

    Polpharma completed the second phase of construction of the Polpharma Biologics R&D centre located in the Gdańsk Science and Technology Park.

    Polpharma published the first CSR report according to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines. The report comprises the data for the period from 2011 to mid-2013 for the companies of Polpharma SA along with its division in Duchnice and Polpharma Biuro Handlowe.

    Polpharma started a strategic joint venture cooperation in the area of biotechnology with the German company Neuraxpharm.

  • 2013

    Polpharma opens Representative Office in Vietman

    The company Sanfarm with its seat in the Tarnobrzeg Special Economic Zone became part of Polpharma S.A. Pharmaceutical Works. Following the merger of the two companies, Polpharma’s Manufacturing Division in Nowa Dęba was established to carry out pharmaceutical manufacturing operations for both member companies of the Polpharma Group and third parties.

  • 2012

    Polpharma acquires a majority stake in Polfa Warszawa S.A.

    First laboratories are opened in a biotech centre in the Gdańsk Science and Technology Park.

  • 2011

    The greatest local drugs manufacturer in Kazakhstan – Chimpharm (Santo) – joins Polpharma Group.

  • 2010

    Polpharma acquires the antibiotics portfolio and the Production Plant in Duchnice from Bioton.

  • 2009

    Polpharma passes an inspection by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). As a result, APIs manufactured by the company can be sold to the highly developed U.S. market.

    2 new affiliated companies are established – in Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan.

     

  • 2007

    Polpharma receives ISO 14001 environmental certificate and OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety certificate.

    Polpharma begins strategic cooperation with Akrikhin – one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Russia.

    Company establishes an independent affiliated company in Belarus. Earlier the division in Lithuania was responsible for this country.

  • 2006

    On 16 May, one day after the expiry of patent protection, first packages of Sumatriptan produced in Polpharma appear on the English market. It is the first product licensed to external companies as part of out-licensing.

    Polpharma Trade Office moves to new premises at ul. Bobrowiecka 6.

  • 2005

    Polpharma opens a new training and administration centre in Starogard Gdański, which significantly expands the company’s capabilities relating to the organization of training sessions and meetings with clients and guests.

    The company started manufacture in a new ampoule production facility. Its annual production capacity amounts to 50 million glass ampoules. The property was designed and built in accordance with cGMP requirements for sterile production.

  • 2004

    The company opens another facility – a Logistics Centre. The building complies with the requirements of Good Distribution Practice (GDP) for the storage of pharmaceutical products.

    The company obtains a so-called Integrated Permit. It is the result of the adjustment of all production processes to the requirements of the EU Council Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive (IPCC).

    Polpharma finalizes the construction and opens a modern building of the Research and Development Centre and Quality Control Laboratory. The facility meets the requirements of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). It is one of the largest facilities of its kind in Central and Eastern Europe.

  • 2003

    The company implements a coherent and modern visual identification for packages of prescription drugs.

  • 2002

    Polscreen – a National Coronary Heart Disease Prevention Program begins. It is the largest global population-based study, developed by the Prevention Committee of the Polish Cardiac Society, financed by a research grant for Polpharma awarded for years 2002-2005.

    Since December Polpharma has been using a new logo.

  • 2001

    A Trade Office is established in Warsaw, with dynamic and modern marketing and sales structures. The Office is located at ul. Sapieżyńska.

    The first Etopiryna commercial appears on TV. Since that time, this drug for headache is inevitably associated with Ms Goździkowa, a characteristic commercial actress.

    Polpharma establishes the Foundation for the Development of Polish Pharmacy and Medicine, which annually announces a competition for the best research projects.

    The company opens a division in Moscow operating in the Russian Federation and the Central Asian Republics. It also establishes a branch in the Ukraine.

  • 2000

    A new chapter in Polpharma history opens on 20 July. The company becomes a privately-owned entity with all its shares held by Polish investors. The Spectra Management and Prokom Investments Consortium becomes the majority shareholder of the Company. This is the beginning of the restructuring, profound changes and significant investment in the development of the company.

  • 1998

    Polpharma begins the construction of a new solid dosage forms manufacturing facility. The facility, built as a result of cooperation of an international team, is one of the most modern pharmaceutical plants in Europe.

  • 1995

    The company starts business operation as a sole-shareholder company owned by the State Treasury, and returns to the historic name “Polpharma”.

  • 1980

    The company has more than 3000 employees. Exports of pharmaceutical substances and medicines represents approximately 50% of the company’s sales. The products of Starogard-based “Polfa” are sold to 60 countries on all continents.

  • 1970

    The company develops and modernizes its infrastructure.

  • 1960

    The production of pharmaceutical substances develops, followed by the production of finished dosage forms: tablets and ampoules.

    A Plant Research Laboratory develops dynamically.

  • 1959

    The company is incorporated into the Pharmaceutical Industry Union “Polfa”.

  • 1951

    The plant’s name is transformed into “Starogardzkie Zakłady Farmaceutyczne”.

    The company starts the production of sulfathiazole – a sought after bacteriostatic drug.

  • 1945

    Polpharma is nationalized. Two chemists – Zygmunt Gmaj i Jerzy Sumczyński – become the managers of the facility.

  • 1935

    A Polish Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant “Polpharma” is established in Starogard Gdański.