Together for the Environment
Polpharmа has joined the Partnership for the implementation of environmental Sustainable Development Goals, a programme initiated by UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre in cooperation with the United Nations Environment Programme.
Sustainable Development Goals are contained in the global plan for sustainable development by 2030, i.e. the 2030 Agenda, which was adopted in September 2015 by the United Nations. This document sets 17 goals (Sustainable Development Goals — SDGs) the implementation of which is to contribute to creating more sustainable future, and in particular to leveling all social and economic inequalities, with simultaneous development combined with preservation of the natural environment to the greatest extent possible and limiting negative impacts of climate change.
The environmental goals are as follows:
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all;
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources;
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
Upon joining the Partnership, Polpharmа declared:
- Taking joint actions to develop the Partnership’s initiative;
- Broadening knowledge about sustainable development and environmental protection;
- Promoting the idea of sustainable development.
Environmental protection has lain at the heart of the Polpharmа Group for many years. As a confirmation of this statement, the company has in place and implements the Sustainable Environmental Development Policy as well as the Green Process Declaration, the Solvent Management Declaration, the Waste Management Declaration and the Green Transport Declaration. Polpharma also involves itself in numerous initiatives aiming to develop cooperation and raise ecological awareness. Among multiple other projects, the company participated in the development of a pilot low-carbon development programme for the Starogard District, the Ecological Education Patron [Mecenas Edukacji Ekologicznej] project, and was the co-organiser of a series of conferences titled “Let’s talk about the environment” [“Porozmawiajmy o środowisku”]. In 2016, Polpharmа was distinguished in the Eco-responsible [Ekoodpowiedzialni] competition. It also joined the United Nations Global Compact Initiative in that same year.